Monday, June 27, 2011

Trying something new

So I've decided to jump on the bandwagon and try and start a blog. It took me forever to come up with a name because I have no idea what I want this blog to be about. I'm thinking it's going to be a little of everything. So here goes nothing.

I start a new job today. It's as a studio photographer at Sears Portrait Studio. I'm very very very excited to start this job. I love that it is semi close to what I studied in school. It's not video but it's media nonetheless. Today is orientation and computer training so hopefully by the end of the week I will get to touch a camera.I miss cameras. I am kind of nervous in a way as well. So hopefully I can keep my wits about me and do awesome. It's a 45 minute drive so I'll have time to work my nerves out listening to my awesome Christian radio :)

David is on his way to the Burg today and I wish I could go with him. I realized today that I do miss Lynchburg. I just want to be able to see everyone. I wish that Lynchburg was in Delaware because then everything that I love would be in one place. Anyways, David is going up there to be a liaison at a drum major camp that is being held at LU. He left at 9 and is just leaving the High Point area because he blew out a tire, so hopefully the rest of the trip is smooth. Keep him in your prayers.

So that's my first attempt at a blog post. Hopefully they get better. Remember to smile today :)

2 comments:

  1. So, is David living in Delaware now? I think you'll be great at your new job. Will you have an assistant or do you have to make people smile and work the camera at the same time? There is a place in NC that we have used several times and they always get great pics of the kids. I think the key is that they have one person just dedicated to getting the kids to look and smile and someone else taking pictures.
    You'll always miss Lynchburg - these last four years have been awesome - college is such a great stage of life because you have (almost) all the freedoms of adulthood and (almost) none of the responsibilities. It won't ever be the same again when you go back to visit... one stage of life is finished... on to the next! Don't worry - there will be lots of awesome things in this stage too, just a bit more of the responsibility part! :O Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No he's not it Delaware yet. He's in NC. He still has another year left at LU.
    I have to do everything at the same time haha gotta love the multi tasking :) Ps I loved looking at all of your pictures from the Naming Ceremony....everyone looks great! Congrats on the new little one. Miss you guys so much...Love you!

    ReplyDelete